LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jaiprakash   13 July 2017

Adoption of hindu child by christian parents

Hello, My friends (both husband and wife) are Christian by religion. They have no issues and hence they want to adopt a baby which is 15 days old from the child's parents legally. The childs parents are Hindu and they are really poor and they are not in a position to upring the child. They are willing to give the child to my friends.

Therefore, I would like to know what are the formalities involved in adopting child legally. Kindly advise.

Learning

5 Replies

Arjun Kohli   13 July 2017

The adoption can take place u/s 41 of the Juvenile Justice Act in India. Christian parents can adopt the child surrendered by the biological Hindu parents.

Approach the relevant Child Welfare Committtee, write to them on the issue and why the biological parents feel they can't offer sufficient protection and care to the child and how the proposed adoptive parents can provide it.

They shall help you out.

jaiprakash   13 July 2017

I have one more doubt. My friends are staying here in Bangalore and the child and its parents are based in Hyderabad. So do we have to approach Child Welfare Committee in Hyderabad or Bangalore? Kindly clarify.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2017

Yes. You can approach in Hyderabad. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 July 2017

Agreeing with above sugestions by Mr. Arjun Kohli,Mr. Rama chary Rachakonda.

Pursue the rules framed by state.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 July 2017

Check and explain that child may be in foster care and may not have the right to inherit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register