LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritesh   28 November 2018

Adoption of children for widow remarriage by step father

Sir/madam My current age is 24 years completed and I married a widow who have a single girl child aged 5 years completed. Is it possible to adopt baby by step father by considering the details, if yes, then What is the procedure to adopt child ?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     28 November 2018

Dear querist,

Yes, you can legally adopt your step daughter, there will not be much issue as his biological father is no more only consent from her biological mother is required.

Approach Sub register office for documentation and other details.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Ritesh   28 November 2018

But as I have discussed with lawer at narnaul Court, he is saying according to hindu marrige act the age difference between you and child should be minimum 21 years ( The actual difference is 19 years only).

Another point he raised is the child is single child of his parents and you can't adopt single child.

Kindly help on this matter.

NSV VARA PRASAD   28 November 2018

In case of "step-parent adoption", the couple including one of the biological parents will have to register with Child Adoption Resource Information and Guidance System.

They also need to get consent of the other biological parent for adoption and file an application in a court to obtain an adoption order.

Shashi Dhara   28 November 2018

As she is widow ualso naturally become gaurdian of her child.the child's g.f &GMcan object.but mother is natural gaurdian.u cannot take her thru adoption. U is now step father for her. Who is now taking care of child..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register