Add surname in passport


I don't have surname in any of education, address proof ,DOB certificate and passport till date.

Now  I am planning to do MS in US and came to know that without surname I will land with issue in US.

So now I want to include my surname in passport.

Can you please tell me what are the documents required for me to make a affadavit of Rs 100/ for name change.

Will I need to change name in all documents, address proofs or affadavit is good enough to show it. 

Will it be any problem in future for me as the name is different in all other documents?


Thanks and regards,


First of all to add surname to your name is nothing but the same procedures to be followed for change of name, i.e., by publishing the same in one of the leading local news paper and getting it published through government gazette, after which to apply for correction in the passport by attaching an affidavit in the format as provided with the passport application as Annexure E and get the job done.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu