LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen   31 July 2017

Accident case

Hi , In 2012, my brother and grandpa met with an accident with a loaded lorry. Whereas the later had hit the former from the wrongside. Unfortunately my grandpa expired in this accident and brother was seriously injured. All the evidences were noted and duly submitted. We had filed a case for my grandpas demise against the lorry owner and insurance company with help of a local advocate. Now in 2017 the judgement is been passed. But to our surprise, the judgement says as the victim was 75 years old, no compensation can be given and sanctioned just 50k. I am doubtful of the fact that, was this case compromised between the lawyer and the insurance company or is this how these kind of cases dealt with. We expressed our unhappiness with the current judgement to our advocate and asked him to reraise with highcourt.but he denies saying your case wont stand in the court and this is the maximum compensation you would get. I am really not sure whom to believe and whom to not. I request the experts on thia forum to help me understand what might have happened. Regards Praveen

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 July 2017

If you are not satisfied with your lawyer change without any delay and obtain second opinion from a senior local very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in sch/MACT cases........

For 

Principles to Determine Compensation in Death Cases, GO thru;

Supreme Court of India

Sarla Verma & Ors vs Delhi Transport Corp.& Anr

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/837924/

ASCERTAINING THE MULTIPLICAND

ASCERTAINING THE MULTIPLIER;Above 65years of age it is 5…

Rest your own counsel can help you on after examining the case fule and full facts of the matter...

Gopal Verma Advocate-on-Record (Advocate-on-Record)     31 July 2017

Mr Praveen you can challenge the order in higher court and seek more compensation.

SHRI GOPAL VERMA

ADVOCATE ON RECORD

SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

PH- 9810090507

Email- vermag@aol.in

1 Like

ravan   01 August 2017

Now enjoy watching your favorite shows right from your office without any interruption.

Hotstar download

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register