Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagdeep singh (manager)     02 May 2012

About rent agreement

dear sir,

pls advice me

i have a property in delhi in ground floor i give my property in commercial use in  rent for past 3 years & in 1st floor we are living .we made 50 rs rent agreement with notarised stamp for 11 month, after 11 month we make new agreement again for 11 month in 50 rs stamp paper, rent of premises is around 20,000 per month., every 11 month it increase 10% (according to agreement) for past 3 year, now some one advice me that make registered rent agreement so that you get secure of your property in future & there is not any value of 50 rs stamp paper  so it is necessary to have registered rent agreement or is there  have some validity  of 50 rs stamp paper with notary attested  or not or we continue with 50 rs rent agreement for 11 month (commercial space)...

pls advice me ! 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     02 May 2012

Dear Mr.Singh, 

A lease agreement for immoveable property for a period less than one year is not required to be registered, and can be validly done orally coupled with Delivery of Possession. 

To avoid future disputes - If you seek to continue with this particular tenant I would advise you to go in for a carefully drafted Leave & License Agreement. 

Feel free to talk ! 

Regards,

Bharat

Advocate Delhi High Court.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 May 2012

Less than one lease agreement does not requires any registration.

jagdeep singh (manager)     03 May 2012

thanks mr chugh,

thanks for your advice. but one thing i want to know that  i have a notarised  commercail purpose rent agreement for 11 months in 50 rs stamp paper after completion of 11 month if tenent not continue or  if tenent not vacate the premises due ro bad intention in that case there is some validity of this  50 rs rent agreement  or can  person go to court for justice. court consider this type of rent agreemnet valid or not & also all these rent we take in cash....

pls advice me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register