Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KS (IT PROFESSIONAL)     23 December 2009

About Agriculture Land

Dear Sir,
I am NRI for last 10 years. In the year of 2004, I have purchased land in tamilnadu and registered as agriculture land. In that land last 15 years there is no cultivation. I have checked tamilnadu registeration website in that they mentioned the land which I owned is as commercial area.
My question here is, the land which I own is treat as commercial or agriculture land. According to RBI rule NRI should not buy agriculture land. Pls. Clarify me.
Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     24 December 2009

In General originally  all  the lands  are agriculktural lands . They acquired commercial Potency / house site potency accordign to the changed situiation of the area in which the Land is situated !

The Registration Web Site is showing the ladn as Commercial area as the Registration department treated the land  as acqiuired the Commercal Potency  for fxing the land value for registration of the land and Stamp Duty - The Registration Department can not say more than that .

If you want to convert the land  from agriculture to Non Agriculture you can apply before the  the Revenue Authorities of that are .

on the point - NRI can not purchse the Agricultural  land - is to be answered by any Forien Excahnge consultant in this regard - let us wait  any other Members opinion !

ashwini jagadi (legal officer)     26 December 2009

Dear members

as i have already informed that i am working as legal officer in chit fund company in bangalore so i need a urjent information that  A poultry Farm setup on agricultural land  can br taken as security as simple Mortgage or deposit of titile deed a dry land total measuring 12 acres &21 guntas. the value of the chit is 50,00,000/- for 25 months please guide me in this regard as early as possible

Thanks & Regards

Ashwini .S. Jagadi

Legal Officer

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     04 April 2010

better you go for registered mortgage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register