LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piyush   09 March 2016

A new bike as replacement for a faulty one

I bought a CB Hornet Black from Pune, on 6 th feb 2016. Since the day 1 of my purchase, I could see a white smoke from the silencer. At that time I was told by the sales person that it is because the bike is new, and that the smoke will go away in few days. Today, after 35 days, 1 servicing, and also after 2 days since my bike has been at the service center. The problem has not been fixed.

From what I saw at the service center, they have opened major parts of the bike like engine head, silencer, etc. But they have not managed to figure out the problem. Even if they figure out the problem, they will be replacing only that part (even if that is a major part) and fit back the remaining parts and deleiver me the bike.

I wonder whether my bike would be as good as any bike which comes out new from the factory, after the local service center guys have fitted all those parts back. They are obiviously less skilled is creating a factory-new bike.

This has caused me agony since this was my birthday gift. Would I be able to claim a new bike as a replacement, legally?

Learning

2 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     09 March 2016

Yes file consumer complaint and ask for compensation and replacement of faulty bike with new one and challenge their policy.

Please ensure you have all the correspondence to support your claim.

Regards

BKS PRAKASH (Own Business )     19 March 2016

Mr.Piyush, Generally the manufacturer direct you  to go to the service station they will 

address the problems. This is what my experience with Bajaji Motors. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register