Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar Ganesan (Student)     22 June 2012

A donation platform that can help more than 1 million orphan

Hello Sir,

My name is sridhar. I am an MBA student who wants to do something for the society. Hence i designed an online donation platform (a website) where orphanges raise donation for a cause. I am hoping more than a million children and elders will be benefitted by this. 

Please tell me is there any legal procedures that i should complete before launching the website. Should this be considered as a company and should this be registered or can I do this as a personal interest. Please clarify me.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 June 2012

Yes. The charity institution must registered under the trust Act and get registered endowments dept. of A.P. Once it is registered under theconcerned acts, then only the donor charity amount gets exemption from the Income Tax Act, 1961. Donor and donee both will be beneficial with proper registrations.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 June 2012

But where are those million children is a million dollar question?

Dear Assumi,

A report from UNICEF says In 2007, there were 25 million orphans in India. I need support from you people to serve more than 1 million orphans.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_Foundation#Orphan_Crisis

Dear Mr. Rama chary,

Could please tell me the charges applicable for this registration and any other website that i can use to make this registration.

Thank you.

Sanyam Malhotra (Advocate)     24 June 2012

depends on value of property involved

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register