Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashidhar V (Sr Manager Sales)     12 April 2010

5th Owner of a property

Respected Lawyers,

I have recently purchased a property. of which I am the 4th buyer. The said property is a site with a house constructed on it. It is a portion which belongs to a 1.20 akers of land. This 1.20 akers was sold in 1996 by the then owner Ms. Rathnamma to one Mr. Rajappa.

Later Mr. Rajappa's GP holder - Mr Govindappa, has converted the same in to plots for residential purpose & sold the same to many who own a plot & have constructed houses for dwelling.

In turn the person Mr. Ganesh who had purchased the plot from Mr. Govindappa ( GP holder of Mr Rajappa), has inturn sold the plot to Ms. Gaithri. Ms. Gaithri has constructed a house on the same in the year 2003 & I have purchased the same in 2010.

I come to know only lately that one of the sons of the 1st owner has filed a case against his mother claiming his share in the property.

I wish to know wether I will have any problem due to this purchase.

Please help me find peace of mind as I have invested all my lifes saving & have also taken a loan from Bank for the same.

Regards,

Shashidhar V

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

You have putforth all the facts that you know. But asked for an opinion which cannot be just like that given by a lawyer through this forum, since it needs a lot of investigation and comprehension. A lawyer has to go through all the documents (parent documents) right from the first owner till now. Because the Sale Deed executed by the first owner shall be put to acid test and has to be viewed from a legal angle, since the present suit is emanated from the first sale. I would suggest you to consult a lawyer in person and show all the Sale Deeds and other connected documents such as Revenue Receipts, Encumbrance Certificates, etc., for a clear cut opinion. You may also consult the lawyer who showed you green signal to buy this property, which will prove effective. Also take the case papers of the present suit filed by the person against his mother for the lawyer's better understanding and rendering proper advice to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register