306 & 498a trail

My sister was an victim of harassement and torture from her husband and in laws.  She committed sucidied and a case was filied against her husband & in laws (mother in law & father in law) under section 306 & 498A.

This particular case has been handled by the police and is executed by a public prosecutor. Here I want to appoint my prersonal lawyer who can do the argument in this case with or without the public prosecutor.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Subramanian




No. personal lawyer can't argue


Practicing Advocate/Legal Consultant/Legal Process Outsourcing 08427414792

I disagree to above.


The victim has the right to engage a personal lawyer to assist the prosecutor.

Dy Director

You have a right to appoint personal lawyer.  In case the death was within 7 years of marriage then section 304B should also have been there.


Thanks for all your replies,

The personal lawyer I appoint will be able to argue in the court or can only file written argument?


Thanks & Regards

Bala S




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x