Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sisir Ghosh   18 July 2017

2 adjacant flats has been registered with same number

Dear Furum Members,

I have purchased a new Flat which was registered on 09/12/2015 at Howrah Sub Registry office. For purchasing the Flat I have taken a LOAN from LICHFL. The Flat number that the promoters provided me was 2C as it was on the second floor.

On the same floor, there was 4 Flats, 2 already sold out, bearing number 2A and 2D. As the Master Plan provided does not contain any Flat Number, I could not verify the correctness of the Flat Number. I had to assume that as my Flat number was unique in respect to the Floor it was in order and I had no confusion in it. I started residing on the Flat from March 2016. 

I had changed my residential address to the new one in all relevant documents like Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Banks, LPG etc.

The 4th Flat on the same Building and  Floor was sold out on Dec 2016. 

Last week while we were consulting about Mutation of the Flats, it came to our notice that the Fourth Flat sold on Dec 2016 has been refistered with Flat Number 2C.

Thus, now we have 2 Flats with number 2C on the same building and same Floor.

It is clear that one of the two needs to be rectified.

My question is which one needs to be rectified?

Is it that since the registration of my Flat was done prior to the other it will remain the same and the other needs to be rectified or it the Promoter/Developer who will decide, that which one needs to be rectified.

I am expecting a logical guidance on the issue.

Thanks & regards,

Sisir

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register