Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amish Sheth (Manager - Recruitment)     29 May 2015

"annexure k" - process to seek magistrate's sign & stamp

Hello All,

I have the following queries about "Annexure K" for the Passport Re-issuance activity. I would appreciate every input of the members who can guide me the right process.

Case Background - We went ahead and completed the "Annexure K" notary formalities with the credentials of a High Court Advocate in Navi Mumbai. But the Thane - Passport Seva Kendra's APO asked us to get the affidvate Signed & Stamped by Executive Magistrate only. Further they confirmed that they will not accept the normal notary's stamp and signature for "Annexure K".

Here are my queries:

1.What is the 1st step to be done to approach the Executive Magistrate for the affidavit of Annexure K?

2.Do we need to vist any court for the Executive Magistrate's Sign and Stamp on the affidvait?

3.Do we need to visit only the court where the Divorce has been filed and seek the Executive Magistrate in that particular court?

4.Which Legal Designations fall under "First Class Judicial Magistrate" or "Executive Magistrate"? For Eg. District Magistrate, District Judge?

5.When we meet the Executive Magistrate, what all documentary proofs he / she will ask us to produce to get the Affidavit Signed by them? Currently the Divorce has been filed (we don't have any acknowledgement letter / proof from the court and only the Case Number is available with us with the next court order date) and the Marital Status is "Separated" and the same status has been submitted to the Passport Authority and the Application Proof.

6.Can anybody guide me where can I get this expedited as the next date with the Passport office is of 8th June 2015?

Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to PM me here if there is somebody who is local to Mumbai / Thane / Navi Mumbai.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 May 2015

Just entrust this task to any Advocate, who is familiar with EM, as at a place like Mumbai, one can not move door to door for days together in the name of formality (?)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2015

Dear questioner  an executive Magistrate is none  other than a Tahsildar within your jurisdiction designated by the District collector for law and order purposes and other executive purposes. Therefore you can visit a  Tahsildar's office, enquire if he is the executive magistrate, on confirmation, move an application seeking his attestation  in the annexure K required for  the purpose of issuance  of passport.  On compliance of other formalities, he/she will certainly oblige to attest the affidavit with their official seal which is the actual requirement for this. You do not have to approach a middle man for this or even a lawyer.  You may directly get into the scene and get the needful done. 

Amish Sheth (Manager - Recruitment)     24 July 2015

Hi All, Thanks for your detailed responses. it has been very helpful. I paid 1000 Rs. to the Advocate at Thane court and got the Annexure K from the Tahsildar office with Executive Magistrate Stamp and Sign. Thank you!

Ganesh   24 August 2016

Hi, can you please let me know how long it took for you to get the Annexure K ? Like from the day you started the process ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register