Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Putting my lock on tenant's shop.

(Querist) 27 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
As stated earlier.
A tenant did not pay rent for 1.5 year.
Didnot vacate the shop even after expiry of rent agreement.
Then stop opening shop.
Legal notice send to shop and home return back.
Then I publish of lost in newspapers.

Then i cut one of the shutter lock and put my lock on it.

After some days, tenant come and called the police at 100 number. When police came, the shop was closed.

Tenant arrange 2 witness who states that we see landlord cutting shop but didnot see him taking any goods.

Now my question is,
1. What police do in this sceneratio ?
2. Can police file FIR under "decati" IPC ?
3. What I have to do now ? Police is harassing me.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 August 2021
Without informing the Police about the tenant or not filing a case in court, how could you lock the tenanted room? Consult a local lawyer.
Zeeshan (Querist) 27 August 2021
Police was informed several times.
Missing complaint was also filled.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 28 August 2021
Then file a case for eviction.
Zeeshan (Querist) 28 August 2021
But can police file case of burglary against me ?
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 29 August 2021
Having waited for more than 18 months, you opted to take law on hands...
Though the premises is in abandoned condition, you should adopted Legal method.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query