24 November 2018 at 08:33

"barred" under law

Dear experts kindly read the following-- as i wish to understand--why the PoA has been rejected by the court.

Subhash Chandra had on November 17, 2016 moved the court through a power of attorney to Gulshan Kumar Sachdeva, seeking prosecution of Mr Kejriwal for allegedly defaming him by levelling false allegations in the wake of demonetisation
A Delhi court on Saturday discharged chief minister Arvind Kejriwal in a defamation complaint filed by Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament or MP Subhash Chandra, saying Mr Chandra had not followed proper procedure while filing his plea.Additional Chief Metropolitan

Magistrate Samar Vishal granted the relief to the Aam Aadmi Party chief, noting that Mr Chandra had filed the complaint through a power of attorney which is "barred" under law.

The court said that Mr Chandra was at liberty to file a fresh complaint in accordance with law."Hence proceeding further with this case will be a futile exercise as this case is also filed through power of attorney. Accordingly the accused Arvind Kejriwal is discharged from this case," the court said.

Answer now

20 October 2018 at 21:30

Transfer fees

Hi,I bought one flat 2 years back .In sale agreement there was one clause stating clearly "seller is liable to pay any maintaince dues,electricity and transfer fees to society".After we entered our new home ,Builder left society and we came to know that he handed all reponsiblity of society to a local man who reside in our society and is also a agent.
After few months ,That guy started managing responsiblity of society like water ,maintenance other stuffs.He also starting selling flats that were unsold before builder left.
Now he is demanding transfer fees from us.What should i do in this case.I had already showed him my sale agreemnet that seller is liable to pay transfer fees because we had that in clause of agreement.Seller is no more in this city and neither he is picking call.What legal actions should i do because that guy whom builder had handed over society is threatening to stop our water faclities. even if i am paying maintenence fess of society from last 2 years.
Please solve my problem with legal solution
1.Am i eligible to pay transfer Fees?
2.If yes then whom should i pay,Builder is nowhere and that guy dont have any proof of his position if he is chairman or secretary
3.If the seller is liable to pay and he is not available what should i do
4.Guy is threatening to stop our water and electricity connection can i take a legal action against him..even if i am eligible to pay transfer fees?
5.What documents should i demand to know that guy is real responsible person(chairman/secretary) of society

Answer now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x