New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Graduation while in defence service

(Querist) 08 August 2020 This query is : Resolved 
Sir I my graduation year was 2008-11 ,but I joined defence service in Dec 2010,at that time I had completed 2 two and half years of graduation, after completion of my training approached my college examination department and they told that I can appear for examination as back paper examination so, I appeared for third year of my graduation and completed my graduation in July 2012, please kindly comment is valid as UGC or legal point of view.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 08 August 2020
You should have obtained the permission from your department for appearing in the examination.
Now request your department to provide post facto approval and add your qualification after success /receipt of certificate.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 08 August 2020
Yes. Departmental permission is compulsory for appearing examinations if any. so you may request your appointing authority to consider your case basing on ignorance of rules.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 09 August 2020
What is your problem regarding examination took by you, is vague ?
Whether the army authorities (CO of your unit) refused to publish necessary part II order and endorse it in your service roll ?
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 09 August 2020
come with specific problem.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 09 August 2020
Was the College/Institution from where you obtained the Degree not recognised by the UGC ? If so, your degree is valid too. However, you have not stated as to what is precisely your problem please.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 09 August 2020
Expert Dr. J.C. Vashishta have Miltary background, send him personal Message for guidance.
P. Venu Online (Expert) 09 August 2020
Unlike their civil counter parts, military authorities are very liberal in allowing military personnel to continue their education. They are very well aware of the legal position that there is no statutory provision which disallows an employee from continuing his education so long as it does not adversely affect his devotion to duty and performance thereof.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 09 August 2020
Not able to fully agree with Mr Venu

whether in military or in ciivl

govt servant following higher education without written permission is liable for disciplinary action irrespective of fact whether this tapered his duties s or not.


qualification so acquired cannot be added in service record and the person is not allowed to apply for any recruitment/ promotion/ deputation for which the said qualification is essential.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 10 August 2020
Qithout sanction service people are not permitted to prosecute highret tufdies
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 10 August 2020
No response from the author implies there is no issue left over.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 10 August 2020
Unfortunate that most of the experts have been debating on questions which were not raised by the querist. Kindly revisit his query and see as to where & whether he raised such a problem as has been assumed by some experts!
P. Venu Online (Expert) 10 August 2020
The legal issue raised in the query is whether the graduation completed while in military service could be "valid on UGC or legal point of view". The only suggestion could be that, in the absence of valid law to the contrary, there is no legal infirmity attached to the educational qualification that that the querist has achieved and acquired.

Any suggestion as to the said educational qualification being inchoate or improper or even a misconduct entailing disciplinary (or court-martial) proceedings ought to be based on sound legal footing.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 10 August 2020
You said:
kindly comment is valid as UGC or legal point of view.


You completed your degree in 2012, instead of asking theoretical / academic questions, please state whether you have faced any problem, if so, what problem?
BINAYA bhusan GHADAI (Querist) 04 September 2020
Sir I am very much obliged for the valuable information given by you,my point was my graduation has already on my service records but I am actually preparing for civil services ,I wanted to know whether it is valid on that point of view ...
Lastly I thank you all and sorry for not responding in the earlier discussion.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 05 September 2020
So you were only taking exam of the experts.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 05 September 2020
Mr.B.B.Ghadai, You appears to be wasting time of & fooling others! Now you are raising an entirely new question which you have not brought out in your original query.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 05 September 2020
Degree is valid, on your record, forward UPSC application through your department with one direct copy marked so to UPSC.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now