New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adding alias name in my father's name

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 20 January 2020 This query is : Resolved 
my father's name is DAUD KHAN and He is known in village and in society by both names DAUD KHAN and DAWD KHAN
while in aadhar card his name is DAUD KHAN . Can i go for Gazzete to do DAUD KHAN alias DAWD KHAN and what documents are required ?

Sb Karma (Expert) 20 January 2020
yes you can go for affidavit(notarized)

You need 2 documents....
1) with correct name written
2)where incorrect name written(wish to changed)
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 20 January 2020
Yes. An affidavit needs to be prepared for name change.
2. An announcement should be published in the newspaper.
3. A notification should be published in the Gazette of India regarding the name
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 20 January 2020
Your similar query already stands resolved so there is no requirement of moving the same query.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 21 January 2020
Whether current name affects your career or standing?
How can you propose to change the name of your father?
Even for the change of name adding alias your father has to get gazette notified.
It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 29 January 2020
Your father needs to prepare an affidavit stating that he is known by both the names and now he would like to keep and be known by the name as so and so alias so and so.
This affidavit may be prepared on a Rs. 100/- non judicial stamp paper and duly notarised.
After that issue a public notice to this effect in a local newspaper.
Then attach the copy of the affidavit and the newspaper press release to the application to be submitted to the government press seeking gazette publication along with other requirements that may be notified by the authority concerned.
In case of any doubt in this regard you may take the assistance from an advocate is having the knowledge of this subject matter.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now