LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need help for sbi card

(Querist) 11 November 2018 This query is : Resolved 
I have settled my credit card account in Dec.2005. settlement letter issued by sbi card lawyer and payment receipt issued to me on settlement offer date. But today bank decline this settlement and they said my outstanding is 212946rs. Against me. They pressurised me to settlement again' with bank. I already show him my settlement letter , settlement offer letter , payment receipts. I have already mail to bank nodwal officer, local regional offices and submitted my documents. Please advise me now what can I do.
Guest (Expert) 11 November 2018
Further Do not Pay them any Money it would land you in more trouble. Any Legal claims by Bankers for default of credit card payments should be made by the bankers with in 3 years of last transaction. Now almost 12 years over and they can not make any claims legally unless and until you co operate with them in reopening it by your correspondences with them or by letters or by recorded communication. Just chase them out when they approach you.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 11 November 2018
Complain to Banking ombudsman
Kishor Mehta (Expert) 11 November 2018
File a complaint, with copies of relevant evidences, with Ombudsman of SBI and endorse a copy to the Reserve Bank of India.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 12 November 2018
Has your credit rating/report maintained by credit bureau’s e.g CIBIL hasbeen affected by the lapse/transgression of M/s SBI Card (i.e. SBICPSL and not SBI)?
Then you may have another reason and good ground to claim damages.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 12 November 2018
You may take help of elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, etc to resolve the matter if any, and/or find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Consumer/Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you and even help you.
Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.
There are such very able counsels at each location.
Check for such counsels at LOCAL e.g;, DCDRF, Civil courts, HC, SC …
You can also try to get free legal advice from FREE Legal Aid that is usually in LOCAL courts Complex..preferably from a counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Consumer/Civil matters.
If you are properly informed and can handle the matter on your own, go ahead.
From the limited details that you have posted in the query IT is guessed that you have a good case.
Rest your own LOCAL counsel can advise you, further after examining all mater related details/docs/record and applicable enactments/rules/Act/laws/precedences/citations etc ..
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 13 November 2018
Settle the case amicably with banker.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 13 November 2018
Settlement is adverse entry.
If you have paid settled amount in set time accepted by you, then you should have been of the hook.
Recheck your record and confirm!
However you must check and confirm who has ben approaching and troubling you now; M/s SBICPSL or SBI or some recovery agency e.g; Kotak Mahindra to whom the debt is sold..say for written off amount ( after settlement amount paid by you).
In any case if you are at NO fault then you have a good case.
Your counsel may also opine on getting you clean credit history for which if M/s M/s SBICPSL or SBI or some recovery agency e.g; Kotak Mahindra are unwilling then DCDRF/Courts can order along with damages in your case if your case has merits on your side.
As per query posted so far you have pointed out merits on your side.
Rest; Let your LOCAL counsel opine on the matter in person in detail.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 14 November 2018
Agreeing with Mr Narasimha I would add that admitting or acknowledging this liability or fresh refusal will reopen the limitation of case which bank has already lost.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 14 November 2018
Not understood how elders of family etc............. will ba able to help.
Mukesh sharma (Querist) 14 November 2018
can you please tell me any judgement regarding this type of case fro the court.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 16 November 2018
Your last post was addressed to whom?
Also; No citation has been given to you!
You and everyone must have noted even after more than 2 dayw.
Note: that there are many judgments/decisions/orders regarding this type of cases and huge and heavy penalties have been levied on offender establishments.In some mattrers with specific facts of the matter EMPLOYEES of the establishments, ALSO, have been burdened with huge and heavy penalties.

Elders of the family have always been, are, and shall continue to not only help but also resolve and contribute to succeed in such and any type of matter.
Elders of the family can even represent in situations faced by family members.
IT has been, IT is, and IT shall be futile to cast negative asapersions of Elders of the Family of any family be IT querist.
The late sleep and early morning hours of early risers are not the perfect time to cast negative aspersions on Elders of the Family. During such hours one prays to Lord Almighty that Elders of the family be there always, hale, hearty, healthy …to guide, help, protect, support …the family members.
So is True for Community Leaders, Religious Scholars…
They resolve tedious, complicated, difficult matters with their dedication, committement, concern for their family members even if matter is rocket science for many…
The matter in your query is certainly not Rocket Science.
For elders of the family, nothing is rocket science, when family members are affected..
Kumar Doab (Expert) 16 November 2018
In the meantime you may go thru;

State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
Ms. Anjoo Sharma vs (Hsbc Bank), Hyderbad on 17 December, 2009
State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
Ms. Anjoo Sharma,Punjagutta, ... vs The Branch Manager,Hongkong & ... on 3 August, 2010

State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
Vipin Vaish vs Manager, Hdfc Card Division on 18 November, 2008

Before you proceed further get in touch your very able LOCAL counsel in person, including points on limitation.

And do post what is the opinion of your counsel on IT.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query