LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Blackmailing & extortion of money

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 July 2018 This query is : Resolved 

i am facing a big problem right now, i accidentally fallen in love with a married man who is 12 years older to me. back then in 2007 i didnt know his marital status. so i was in relationship with this man, he used me in all sorts of ways as we were working in the same company. he took a lot of money from me from 2007 to 2013 which he returned in bits and pieces. ours was an on and off relation as whenever i tried to stop all contacts with him he tried to blackmail me that he would come down to my family and friends and hence abused me and blackmailed me.

now in 2015 when i got married to another man (arrange marriage) he threatened me again and even called up my parents and then my husband and in laws. i told everything to my husband but he was very orthodox (living in america) and decided to leave me, and from 2015 aug the case was filed to fight and now i m going to get divorce.

now from 2015 to 2017 he tried to be very apologetic and since i was broken financially and mentally he told me he would help me with finances as i was going through a lot of downs in my life then.

he provided monthly expenses on his own and asked me to use it. I did. as i had no job since he even called my bosses of previous companies and i had to leave my job from there as a result i was jobless and about to get divorced.

now recently i got to know that he has done some big fraud of money with lot of people and he is in trouble regarding money matters. also 4 days ago his wife got the access of his bank. however he never transferred anything into my account directly but used a dummy bank account (in the name of his wife) to his own account and his account debit card was with me. the biggest issue was that for every transaction he marked remarks which included my name.

now the whole family is again after me and yesterday i transferred more than 10 lacs as returned amount into his account but his entire family is after my life threatening me they will come over my place and create a big scene.

i havnt been in touch with hm from past 1.5 years as not spoken to him over phone or something. But his step father lives very near to my house and is a big industrialist and he is tracing my bank account, my phone, my car movements, my travels etc. he is very powerful man and claims that he knows and friends with all big shot govt. officials including our prime minister. I am the elder daughter in my family and have a younger brother. we all are pretty much shaken and broken as a family by fighting this divorce case in last 3 years. my inlaws tortured my family for 3 years and now this man and his family is torturing me. I dont know where to go as its just so damn hard to live like this.

I am really very scared & tensed and i dont know what to do or where to go.

please help me asap. i m utter need of help since i m left with no other option but to commit suicide.
Siddharth Jain (Expert) 30 July 2018
You need to relax a little and stop considering thoughts of committing suicide or anything like that as you have committed no, offence as per law.
Moreover, females cannot be charged for the offence of adultery under section 494 of the IPC.
As you have already returned the entire amount into the bank account of the man you do not have to worry about any thing. You can give a complaint to the police for stalking and criminal intimidation under section 354 D and 503 of the Indian Penal Code against the person who is stalking and threatening you.

If police fail to register FIR against concerned person you can approach higher officials of police under section 154 3 of the CrPC, however they also do not register the FIR you can approach magistrate under section 156 3 or 200 of the CRPC to order investigation and registration of FIR.

You can also file a petition in High Court seeking protection if you are afraid that the said person is going to cause any harm to you.

Hope this helps

For any other queries and clarifications, feel free to contact me at
Guest (Expert) 01 August 2018
Fake query types. Post exact details.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 01 August 2018
Thanks a ton sir, I am very much relieved after reading your message. but he is claiming that he has given me more amount (amounting to 36lacs) however, i have returned approx 7-8 lac in the year 2015-2017, in the last month from 18th june 2018 til 17th july 2018 i have paid 10lac more. Plus, he has done a lot of fraud in his state and god knows how he has come to this figure of 36 lac. My parents dont know anything and moreover my father is a critical heart patient thats why i am unable to tel him all this. and this evil man's father is threatening to come to my house and tell it all to my parents plus I am right now going through divorce , therefore they are threatening me to harass me while the proceedings are in progress by meeting my in laws to bring complications in my case.

Please suggest what should i do next.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 01 August 2018
Thanks a Lot. Your help is very much appreciated.
Guest (Expert) 02 August 2018
You did not hear the word police till now?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query