LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Help required in getting question under rti act.

(Querist) 07 June 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts and Advocates,

I am very much thankful from the insights given by various experts and advocates on this esteemed forum which is helping people by giving free legal advice.

The reason for this query is that I want to know whether recording a video of court proceedings is legally permissable.

I want to pose this question via RTI. But under RTI one cannot ask questions.

Hence I want guidance in getting the information through RTI.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 07 June 2018
Some Supreme Court Judges are talking about recording court proceedings through Video. SC court proceedings in public interest as they are public Servants. So soon it may become a Reality.
rajeev sharma (Expert) 07 June 2018
The proceedings of the court may not be recorded.
Any question asking the opinion of the concerned officer on any issue may not be asked. A copy of anything which is on record may be asked under RTI.You may ask questions relating to record such as whi is responsible of carrying out a particular job in this office .
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 07 June 2018
Every court is an open court where a citizen has a basic right to enter without anybody’s permission and watch the proceedings going on therein without causing any disturbances.

However the Supreme Court directed all the States, in an order on 14th August 2017, to start recording the court proceedings in a phased manner, starting with installing recording camera in two district courts at least in each state immediately and continue the project in a phased manner so as to cover the tribunals as well.

Therefore in order to watch the ongoing court proceedings no RTI application is needed. But to get a video of the court proceedings as an e-document we have to wait for the recording project to proceed further.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 08 June 2018
what exatly is your problem.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 08 June 2018
I stick to my view as above.
Consumer Complainant (Querist) 08 June 2018
Sudhir Kumar please dont reply to any query here. Your replies are just mocking sentences. Time and again you are doing this. Many people have openly complained to site admin regarding you. You are so shameless that you keep visiting the forum again and again by posting bull shit replies which are of no help to anyone.

The judge has been playing by telling one thing orally, writing one thing in the order sheet which is absurd. The only option is appeal. But I want to make known to the higher authorities that the consumer fora president has simply erred and supporting OPs only and is really not bothered to deliver justice or do work, he simply does time pass. To show this, I can only record video and submit to higher authorities.

without video recording how is it possible to nail this president?

Other repliers have been thanked for their contribution.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 09 June 2018
I stick to my view as above.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 09 June 2018
Now you have described your problem.

Since problem is there the probable solution can be visualised. But I decide to withhold my views.
rajeev sharma (Expert) 09 June 2018
Dear friend we understand your paradox. But the thing is that our judicial system is archaic and does not want to modernize it . This suits to courts as well as to advocates and the litigants. Very often we found that arguments advanced in a case are recorded selectively by the court.The only remedy is to submit your submissions in writing so far as it is possible. Proceedings of the court may not be video recorded and if somehow you record that in any clandestine manner that may not be used in evidence rather you may be prosecuted for contempt of court.
Adv. Yogen Kakade (Expert) 09 June 2018
The answer is NO, no one is authorized to record the court the court proceedings. Therefore, no question of using any such record (if any) as evidence.
Consumer Complainant (Querist) 10 July 2018
In continuation with my earlier post.

The RTI application that I had given asking information to the registrar as to why the president received vakalath form from the op advocate nearly after 87 days when prescribed limit is 45 days only.

On the date day, When I went to DCDRF, the judge started shouting that he will transfer the case. If he transfers the case nobody will decide my case or take up my case.

Hence he asked me to write unconditional apology letter. Or he will transfer my case.

As I felt threatened I wrote apology letter and gave.

Then I was asked to wait. Then two goon type men came and took me to registrars office, there I was forcibly made to sign on a typed letter where the president had mentioned that I have given so and so memos and complaints and affidavits. And that I had taken back the RTI application. And if I again try to give RTI application. He will take severe action against me.

They not only took my sign but also my wifes sign on the paper.

They gave me back the IPO I had sent.

Now what shall I do? Shall I post the video of the entire incident on youtube or complain to ram vilas paswan?
rajeev sharma (Expert) 10 July 2018
What happened with you is criminal. If you have sufficient evidence you may proceed with anything including filing criminal complaint against registrar and the presiding officer of DCDRF
Consumer Complainant (Querist) 10 July 2018
Sir I am telling na.. I made video of whole thing on mobile. Now I am more scared than before as to what will they all do.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query