LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Caught drinking

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 May 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Sir, i caught while drinking in public place in hyderabad, policetaken me to police station and they took my address in a white paper and collected 500rs from me. i left the police station after 30 minutes. They not produced me at any court. Am i not eligible for goverment jobs now??? Am afraid of that. Plz reply me sir...
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 01 June 2018
If someone asks you this question with no specifications what so ever the answer would be "No" drinking in public places is not an offense as defined under the Indian Penal Code.

Sec 268. Public nuisance.-- A person is guilty of a public nuisance who does any act or is guilty of an illegal omission which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right. A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.

Although it is not specific to person who has consumed alcohol the police in most cases enforce the law under the purview of this section.

So simply put drinking in public place in India not illegal.
So by your drinking your Govt job prospects are not ruined. Don't drink. Please give up YOUR drinking habit as Early as possible. It ruins health and life.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 03 June 2018
If you are seeking obligation of experts FREE OF COST you will have to disclose your identity as per rules of this platform. No reply for anonymous author.
Guest (Expert) 03 June 2018
Agree with Ms. Usha Kapoor. A Precise advise in her last two statements/ sentences.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query