LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Limitation for filing a suit for general partition and posse

(Querist) 13 April 2018 This query is : Resolved 
If a stranger purchaser purchases the undivided shares in a HUF immovable property, is there any time limit fixed by law for him to file a suit for general partition and possession against those coparceners who have not sold their undivided shares.I am told that the stranger purchaser has to file such a suit within 6 years from the date of his purchase of the undivided shares. Kindly guide.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 14 April 2018
1. issue a legal notice to him and if he is not ready to give you your share within notice period then immediately file a civil suit for partition before civil court.

2. 12 years from the cause of action.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 15 April 2018
A hypothetical academic exercise.
Sri Vijayan.A (Expert) 15 April 2018
What is the dispute?
Kumar Doab (Expert) 15 April 2018
What is this property say dwelling house!
Pls post detailed facts..
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 18 June 2018
I stick to my above view.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 06 July 2018
I stick tomy above view.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query