LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sale deed

(Querist) 30 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Dear experts! happy new year , sir one of my friends is having dispute with the in law, his father- in -law has purchased one flat by paying from his saving account, but the flat he transferred on his daughter name i.e sale deed was made in his daughter name i.e is my friends wife name. his in laws has also given ornaments in the marriage to his daughter. now after my friends is having child so, due to his study from paly school to till 2nd class they were changing their place of residence, they use to choose residence close to the school. therefore the original sale deed and ornaments my friend gave to his father in law for safety from last few days some dispute is going on with the fahter in law therefore father in law is not giving back the original sale deed and the ornaments which my friend has given to him for safe custody. and saying do what ever you want to do i will not give you back the sale deed and ornaments of his wife. now please advise me what to do in the matter.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 31 October 2017
Instead of giving you for safe custody and FIL has chosen to keep the original sale deed in his daughter's name AND gold ORNAMENTS WITH HIM ONLY FOR SAFE CUSTODY AND THEN HANDOVER HER FLAT and ornaments after you and your wife along with the kid shifts to your flat which is nearby the school. It doesn't matter. Let him keep the original sale deed and ornaments with him for safe custody.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 31 October 2017
It would be difficult to get back the ornaments from father in law as it would be difficult to prove the ornaments were given to him for safe custody. It would worsen the relation further.

As the property is in the name of friend'd wife, she has right / ownership on it. She can take certified copy of the title documents from Registrar office.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query