LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Selling my property

(Querist) 28 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
I had a house in delhi which was built on dda land alloted to my grandparents and which I received through my grandmother's will.i underwent the process to get mutation done in my name.i underwent a collaboration with the builder to demolish the house and built 4 floors along with stilt parking and selling rights of two floors rested with him and two with me.we did a sale agreement and sale deed for the same.but since he paid the stamp duty and he was buyer so he kept the originals and gave us the certified copies.For building plan to be sanctioned you should have conveyence deed registered for which builder helped since he had a middle man in dda and he kept the original conveyence deed with him saying he will return it as soon as he has sold both his floors.during all this a period of 5 years passed and we left the conveyence deed with him .Now he has lost our conveyence question is will I be able to sale both my floors and execute a sale deed in some body's name with certified copies of conveyence deed,sale agreement sale deed although I have all the papers like allotment letter,site possession letter perpetual lease mutation letter etc
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 28 October 2017
Yes! You can sell the property although the builder lost original conveyance deed regarding sale right of 2 floors for which which you've duplicate/xerox copies. i Although the original conveyance letter is lost you may have xerox copies of allotment letter of DDA a site to your grand papers and mutation done in your name in Municipal records.You can get certified copies of original conveyance Deed by submitting the duplicate with the registration Department which may give you certified copies of original sale deed based on your duplicate which has registration number, execution date, parties names who executed the sale deed in favor of whom etc ,particulars based on this the Registration department will issue certified copies of the e original conveyance deed.Since Registration Department is a Public Authority it has original conveyance/sale deed with them and through RTI or directly approaching the registration Department you'd get original registered sale deed from it.
Guest (Expert) 28 October 2017
No problem is likely to be faced by you. Delhi buyers of flatted homes are accustomed to be satisfied with the photocopies of the title deeds.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 28 October 2017
If you appreciate my above answer please give me likes.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 October 2017
You have certified copies of the title deed.

Take an affidavit from said builder that the originals are lost, your portion has not been sold / gifted / mortgaged / bequeathed from his side and you are the owner of the portion.
Guest (Expert) 28 October 2017
@ Mr. Rajendra K Goyal,

Vague and almost impracticable advice on your part! Are you sure that the builder will give any affidavit to the querist on his asking? You may better give complete advice, what he should do, if the builder refuses to give your proposed affidavit to the querist.
P. Venu (Expert) 28 October 2017
Is it a certified copy or a duplicate copy. Please verify. Such copies, in stamp paper as specified, carry the same authenticity as the original and the deed could contain a citation to this effect.

Even otherwise, certified copy could be obtained from the Registrar's Office..
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 October 2017
JIGYASU - Legal analyst

In which capacity have you posted above comments?

If as querist post the same as query.

The querist may ask guidance not an expert.

Try to be sober, try to maintain decorum.

Do not try to become master.

Your actual Id. and moto can be guessed from your posts.
Guest (Expert) 28 October 2017
The Child should not utter such Harsh Words like " Try to be Sober " etc which is very insulting also .
Guest (Expert) 28 October 2017
The child should realize the value of advise provided please.
Guest (Expert) 28 October 2017
The Children should first learn to respect elders please..
Guest (Expert) 28 October 2017
@ Rajendra K Goyal,

If you have posted some impracticable advice, you are also supposed to clear any doubt about that. Why do you expect everyone should take your advice to be granted as absolutely correct, when not based on any legal ground?

You may guess whatever you want, but your character has appropriately been analysed to be a wrong adviser.

SurenderKumar (Expert) 29 October 2017
Please be cool experts , maintain your dignity, its a public forum hence please go on topic only
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
@Surender Kumar,

About your advice "go on topic only," what about your contribution on the topic only please?
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 October 2017
You are in the habit of commenting on other experts.

Unable to understand what is your problem.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 October 2017
Some experts are expert in commenting on other experts.
I do not like any comment on other experts, if I differ any point I do so with proper respect and honor.
I never initiate such comment / action, just try to contradict / reply when on me / on other experts in wrong way / unwanted / for satisfaction of ego.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 29 October 2017
JIGYASU - Legal analyst

You just try to pose, you are master of law / knowledge / intelligence / the forum , you have right to comment on any one, fact may / seem to be reverse.

Forum would not gain anything from your comments.

God bless the people who dare to say guilty others while self is full of evils, seems no goodness / quality in them.
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
Dear Child/Baby Is it a cheap comment advising you to respect elders and address elders with respect please
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
The Child should concentrate on its school home work to be completed for monday please
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
Take care child and study well please ...........
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
The Child should not utter such words like " self is full of evils " etc please
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
Instead of giving any clarification on doubt on the impracticable solution, Mr. Rajendra K Goyal has now again made three more childish posts.

Why not reply, "are you sure that the builder will give any affidavit on asking by the querist' as you advised to take?

Any vague, irrelevant and childish post will not justify your advice.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query