LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stamp duty on gifted property

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Hi , I want to purchase my brother's (blood relation) flat , for which I had done partial payment to him ie around 70% ,for remaining 30 % , I am taking home loan ... Now my query is that since the property is of my brother , can we make gift deed OR do i need to make new sale agreement ? Pls help since based on this , I will have to arrange for stamp duty .
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 25 October 2017
No advice from me to an author who is anonymous.

You can post the query in fresh thread with your identity and material facts.
Guest (Expert) 25 October 2017
First Annonymous
Second, you did not mention state
Better post separate query
Guest (Expert) 25 October 2017
For the Purpose of Bank Loan executing a :"Sale Deed " would be the best option.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 25 October 2017
You are purchasing the property for consideration though seller is brother to you. so it is best option to go for Sale deed as advised by Expert Mr.Rajkumar alias Narasimha ji.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 October 2017
I'm OF THE OPINION THAT for CERTAIN Specified Relatives gift tax is exempted and stamp duty concessions are given according to IT ACt. 1961. So if you execute registered gift deed between you two brothers you can avail of all the above benefits rather than a sale route.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 October 2017
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 October 2017
AQ………………so NO reply…
Kumar Doab (Expert) 26 October 2017
You may post with your ID and you can get many replies………….
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 26 October 2017
My view is if you execute gift deed you cannot get bank loan for purchasing the property.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 27 October 2017
Sorry, no reply to anonymous person.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query