New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Movers and packers

(Querist) 21 July 2017 This query is : Resolved 
movers and packers have created some damages to few costly items while shifting.
now they are insisting that i pay them 100% dues,whereas i have written e.mail to them seeking compensation-
if they do not agree- what shall i do?
and they have hired some goon type people locally to threaten and coax me to pay
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 22 July 2017
Whether the goods were not insured?

May move to consumer forum for compensation.
R.K Nanda (Expert) 22 July 2017
1. lodge police complaint against them for threatening you to pay full amount. can also file consumer complaint in CF for compensation for damages caused to costly items.
P. Venu (Expert) 22 July 2017
Yes, you can move the consumer court.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 23 July 2017
yes,you should approach to district Consumer Forum for negligence and deficiency in services of movers and packers and claim cost of damaged items alongwith compensation towards mental and physical agony caused to you.
aya (Querist) 24 July 2017
yes,thanks to all of you- i will file consumer court

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now