LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Expired father to son

(Querist) 05 July 2017 This query is : Resolved 
My father died eight year ago and he had about 3 Lila of agricultural land. Our family members are agreeing to transfer all the land to me. I have a married sister and she also agree on the same. What is the legal process in Punjab and approximately cost. We don't have will
Kumar Doab (Expert) 05 July 2017
It is believed that you are all covered by Hindu Succession Laws.

Kumar Doab (Expert) 05 July 2017
If it is self acquired property of father then ClassI legal heirs i.e; Mother of father (if alive as on date of death of father), wife (if alive as on date of death of father), sons, daughters have 1st right and equal share............

It seems to be simple matter of inheritance.
The procedure (with forms) for such matters; Intestate Succession, is usually available on website also or in O/o Authority under whose jurisdiction property falls e.g; MC.
Death Certificate, legal heir certificate are basic requirements.
Approach concerned revenue official e.g; Patwaari , comply with procedure and get the latest mutation records showing ownership in the name of all ClassI legal heirs, by inheritance.
Other legal heirs can release/relinquish/sell/gift etc etc in your favor by a registered deed.
Thereafter get the latest mutation records ( say fard/Intkaal) showing ownership in your name………….
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 05 July 2017
Execute family settlement deed, discuss with local lawyer.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 05 July 2017
Explore option suggested by Mr. Rajendar K Goyal also.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 05 July 2017
query is on procedure contact tehsil office.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 05 July 2017
May the warmth and affection in your family remains always like posted by you.

The opinions can change.
If everyone is willing, approach a very able local senior counsel specializing in revenue/civil matters or even a senior deed writer of repute and they can get the things done in a day.....
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 07 July 2017
The mutation of agricultural land shall be sanctioned by Tehsildar within a year of death on the basis of information provided by village chowkidar.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query