Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 10 September 2009 This query is : Resolved 

my grand father gave a shop for without any written agreement since 30 years.for rs.400 but till date there is no written agreement but he was not paying rent for 2 years. is there any relief for meriven
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 10 September 2009
dear frnd.

a tenant remains tenant, merely by long stay or due to non payment of rent he can not become owner.

if he is not paying rent and is not willing to vacate the premises....then u can proceed against him the rent law as applicable to ur area.

irrespective of the state u r residing in, the best ground to seek eviction is the personal necessasity or the bonafide requirement.

consult local lawyer so that he can advise u keeping in view the facts and law of the land.riven
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 10 September 2009
Fully agreed with Kiran. nothing to add more.riven
Sachin Bhatia (Expert) 11 September 2009
Perfect answer Mr. Kiranriven
vinjamuri ranga babu (Expert) 13 September 2009
yes, you can evict

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now