Building & Construction Workers Act 1996

Dear Sirs,
Please let me know that after implementation of ESI Act in an area, whether the workers employed under the Building & Construction works are to be covered under Workmen compensation Act or ESI Act.

As far as my understanding goes, since ESI Act replaces WC Act and MAternity benefit Act after implementation in an area, the workers employed in Building & Construction works should be covered under ESI Act. Although in the Building & Construction Workers Act 1996, it is mentioned that compensations in case of injury/fatal accidents are to be paid as per the provisions of WC Act.

Manish Singh (Expert)

if the act specifically mention some other act's applicabilty, then the same shall be applicable under such conditions as mentioned therein.

×

Muslim Personal Law     |    x