Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

sorankee   08 August 2010 at 08:01

partition of house

Hello, 08/08/10
My father died intestate ten years ago leaving behind a house property.My mother,a younger sister and I are the survivors.As such we have no dispute among ourselves,but for the sake of settling the issue,we would like to have the property partitioned in such a way that:
My sister is willing to relinquish her share for which I propose to pay her a consideration.
My mother is willing to relinquish her share in my favour,but I would like to ensure her right to reside,just in case I predecease her.
I should have clear title to the property so that I can raise a loan for renovation and extension of the house.
I know that one of us could file a case for effecting the partition,but we would not like to take the law court route as we have no quarrel among us.
I request your considered opinions and guidance.
Thank you,

PS:I have posted this query mistakenly in the 'forum',please condone the error.


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query