LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Queries Participated

sorankee   08 August 2010 at 08:01

partition of house

Hello, 08/08/10
My father died intestate ten years ago leaving behind a house property.My mother,a younger sister and I are the survivors.As such we have no dispute among ourselves,but for the sake of settling the issue,we would like to have the property partitioned in such a way that:
My sister is willing to relinquish her share for which I propose to pay her a consideration.
My mother is willing to relinquish her share in my favour,but I would like to ensure her right to reside,just in case I predecease her.
I should have clear title to the property so that I can raise a loan for renovation and extension of the house.
I know that one of us could file a case for effecting the partition,but we would not like to take the law court route as we have no quarrel among us.
I request your considered opinions and guidance.
Thank you,
Sorankee.

PS:I have posted this query mistakenly in the 'forum',please condone the error.

continue