LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Queries Participated

Niviya Pilai   12 January 2020 at 01:09

Stay order - personal apperance dispense ?

I am Party in person. I applied for quash along with stay in the criminal CC in which I am arrayed as A1. Stay is granted now at HC. Quash petition in progress.
1. Do I need to spefically apply for dispense from personal appearance or does this stay order wil suffice personal appearance dispense in trail court?
2. Do I have to present the stay order to the trail court by myself or that will be taken care by PP?

Niviya Pilai   21 January 2019 at 19:51

Slp - party details

I am the complainant for the crime FIR registered. In the high court order provided it is mentioned as "Defacto complainant". Though I didnt receive any notice about it.
Now to proceed to SLP to mention by position in SLP, whether do I need mention as "Defacto complainant" or "Not a party"?

Niviya Pilai   20 January 2019 at 11:56


1. DO I have the rights to file RTI to get the final report for the CRIME fir for which I am the defacto complainant?
2. If yes whom to address? The station being Chennai PS

Niviya Pilai   16 January 2019 at 20:30

Slp - online

I had submitted online and received a defect saying "to file translated copy of fir".
I have made the translation in english yet I believe that has to be approved or signed by any gazatted officer?
Kindly explain me. If any gazatted officer can sign it as an oath of translation or only supreme court translater I should approach to get it?

Niviya Pilai   30 December 2018 at 15:06

Private complaint

My criminal FIR closed by court with the false police final report. Instead of reopening it I am thinking to open a new private complaint in the same court, u/s 200 cr.p.c to pray to summon thro court and start trial. Kindly let me know if there is any gap in this.

Niviya Pilai   05 December 2018 at 20:28

Quash - closed - reopen

The FIR I filed was quashed partially ( 2/4 respondants) by Madras High court. And AFter that lower court closed the FIR stating MF as given by SHO in the final report.
I want to reopen the case.
1. DO I need to reopen in lower court? Or District court or high court?
2. Under what category it can be filed?
3. Chances are there for reopening? (SHO is biased as they are relative of respondant)

Niviya Pilai   04 December 2018 at 22:46


1. do i need to get permission letter frm high court for filing slp in supreme?
2. i have high curt decree downloaded from online. will that suffice to file slp? Or do I need to apply CA to get from High court with court stamp?

Niviya Pilai   16 November 2018 at 21:57

Transfer of closed case

Hi Sir,
We have filed a case on my sister's boy friend, for the pre-matrimony dispute, cheating of denying to marriage. High court quashed it & lower court closed it.can we revoke it ? which court to do?

Niviya Pilai   17 July 2017 at 18:40


There was an FIR filed on my brother, me & my parents (senior citizen ) of Affair cheating & not marrying. We filed a quash. And also private notice as directed by court has been sent to 2nd Respondant (The victim, i.e the girl) asking her to appear in 2 weeks. But she didnt appear in the following hearing. But there was no Quash Order given, which we expected.
1. Kindly advice me the reason why again it was Quashed?
2. My Lawyer's junior said it till generally take 2-3 years for the Quash to get the order for Quash. Is it?

Niviya Pilai   13 February 2017 at 15:38

First calling to court

FIR has been filed on me & my family members on 448, 323, 506(1), woman harrasment.
We got call from inspctor stating that charge sheet has been produced in court & we have to appear in court on ..
We have not engaged lawyer so far.
1. Can we directly go present in court without engaging a lawyer at least for first hearing?
2. What is the expected question by judge on first hearing?

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query