Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   29 August 2023 at 15:39

Gratuity claim

I was working with a PSU since October 2000. Recently I resigned from the company and joined another PSU. NOC was required from previous organization for transfer of service benefits. The previous company issued me the NOC which I submitted in my new company. Now, when I submitted the claim for Gratuity ( 20 Lakh ), the previous employer is now saying that you cannot claim Gratuity. It can only be transferred to your new company.
I want to know if I can ask for settlement of gratuity or not. Is transfer of gratuity is the only option? Can anyone tell me if there is any rule/Law/Act which says that Gratuity can only be transferred from previous employer to new employer and employee cannot claim for settlement in cases where NOC has been issued? Kindly quote the Clause/Act which says that gratuity can only be transferred and there is no other way to settle the Gratuity.

dsviswakarma   29 August 2023 at 15:28

Partition deed

The father wrote to the mother on an unregistered partition deed with 100 rs stamp that after me my sons should be divided in the property like this but one son and daughter-in-law is against it, what should be done
Can mother make a will of father's property?
What is the right of the mother for the property of the father?
Which exempt from tax.

Sreekumar K B   29 August 2023 at 12:50

Witness signature

My son is entering into sale agreement to by a flat. Can I or my wife sign as a witness in the agreement. Or the witness should be a person of NOT blood relation.

Anonymous   29 August 2023 at 07:21

Building nameplate issue

I am Shweta. I purchased new home before 4 months. Now we would like to put my name plate on society owners nameplate. But society forced me that you have to put by own money but pattern, font, design should be same as others. My query is there if I put the nameplate with my own money then choice of design is mine.. is there any law that u have to put same nameplate

brsasireddy   28 August 2023 at 18:47

Daughters rights on ancestral property

I am planning to buy an agricultural property in Tamilnadu about 1 acre. Going back to history.

It is an ancestral property. The father had 13 acres.

Three of their sons divided the property equal share 4 acres each and 1 acre given to mother in 1999 by registered partition deed without 2 daughters (Father died in 1995 and daughters never signed the 1999 partition deed). In 2009 the daughters went to court and filed suit for their share. The case is pending last 14 years and no light for them. Now one of their son is selling 1 acres, I would like to provide you opinion the risk of buying this property.
My two questions please,
1. What is the risk of buying this property from one of their son.
2. How the Dec 20 2004 amendment to the daughters coparceners rights affects this property, as already partition happened in 1999.


Iqbal Sayed   28 August 2023 at 18:03


How much Time it takes to Adjudicate a Development agreement of 70 pages in Navi Mumbai Maharashtra ?

Anonymous   28 August 2023 at 16:48

Tranfer deed can be treated as a release deed

Sir a tranfer deed can be treated as a release deed.
Please provide any citation if you have.

Anonymous   28 August 2023 at 11:41

Registered divorce paper after divorce from community

I am from Pune and I was divorced in my community 8 years ago (2015). I was given a community divorce paper with signature of my ex-wife as well as 2 witness from the community. The paper was in another language which was then translated, affidavit and was duly notarized by the notary. Now, I am facing a situation where I have to present my divorce paper to a government body and they are not accepting this paper and they want a court registered divorce paper only and no other declarations. I have no contact with my ex-wife and I am sure she will not co-operate to get a divorce paper and will create problems even if I send notice. Is there a way to get a divorce paper without contacting her, maybe on the basis of my community divorce paper?

Anonymous   28 August 2023 at 08:01

Signed on blank stamp paper.

Dear Sir if a person says that he has blank stamp papers signed of other person and also he said he has used one of the blank signed paper by notarizing from notary public as agreement and summitted it in government office. Is it crime as I have solid proof that on day when the notary notarize the stamp paper signer was out of India. Please answer this problem .
Thanking you Balwant Singh Gill

Dalip Chopra   27 August 2023 at 19:57

Mcd suomoto notice

MCD gave notice of property tax which I'm ready to pay but the assessment officer added mezzanine floor which is sps and of 10 sq. Meter area which I constructed in 2022 but he added this area from 2004 , I purchase this property in 2012 and the previous notice doesn't mention this area now they are pressed me to pay or my property will be sealed