Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAM DEO KAKRA   20 July 2008 at 16:02


one person through court purchased bifr company and issued postdated cheques at the instruction ofearliar management of bifr co.cheques where issued on account of pressing creditors.further as per agreement earliar management aggred to clear earliar electricity dues and c.exise liability.earliar managment not complied,not paid aggreed liability,and buy the time and send the cheques in clearing which bounced as payment stopped by drawer. it appears on scruity that their was no liability of pressing creditor and earliar managment on wrong pretxet take the post dated cheques in the name of subsidary co.managed by earliar 138 proceeding is going querry is what will be the defence of drawer and is 138 procedig valid one. what is the remedy to with case law.

RAM DEO KAKRA   20 July 2008 at 16:01

trademark patent attorney at bombay

i need someone to lookafter &speedup pending job at bombay

Biplab Swain   20 July 2008 at 14:48

Need urgent guidance.....

I don't know, if I'm asking this in the right platform.

I'm working in a courier company for last 12 years. recently, they botched up my payments & even the TDS. Virtually nothing is matching up... Neither the Salary sheet with Form 16 or with TDS Computation(not provided to me till date). I have been pointing these issues for last eight months through emails but to no avail. Finally, with the last date of Filing return fast approaching, I had no choice but to issue a Registered letter regarding the same alongwith other issues like Harassment/intimidation by the owners.

As a result I have been verbally asked to get out of the office since 17/07/2008. All these days, I have been sending letters to them to resolve the issues pointed out in the letters & decide my fate, which they are not. However, I'm being verbally threatened time & again about slow death etc.

Please note that all my communications are through letters, for which no written reply has been issued.

Considering the gravity of situation, I urger your panel to please guide me on the legal course in the matter to safeguard my life/limbs & dignity. Also, if you can help me get a lawyer to fight for me legally.

Thanx & rgards
Biplab Swain

Shakeel   20 July 2008 at 14:30

Narcotest application

if a person is physical unfit for narcotest then the narcotest is possible for that person,and can the hounarable court grant the application?

Himanshu Sharma   20 July 2008 at 10:33

Applicability of ESI Act

I am working in an IT & ITES company. I would like to know, is ESI Act applicable to employees of IT, ITES and employees stationed in the Head Office of the company.

vinod bansal   19 July 2008 at 22:40

specimen signature

Plz enlighten me regarding the latest law on obtaining specimen signature & handwriting of a accused when he is in police custody.can police obtain specimen of a accused without prior permission of the court.i want to know who is competent authority to grant permission for obtaining specimen of a accused when he is in police custody.

vinod bansal   19 July 2008 at 22:06

consumer forum

i am tenant in a house & electricity meter is in the name of landlord,i m using electricity & paying bills.unfortunetly my meter was removed by the electricity deptt. in default of payment & i cleared my bill & make a request to restore my meter but now elec.deptt. is saying that they cannot restore meter without consent & written request of the landlord,my landlord wants to dispossessed me from his house thats why he is not giving his consent,what remady i can avail,can i move to consumer court being user of electricity..plz enlighten me

vinod bansal   19 July 2008 at 21:58

defence witness

Whether i can request to court to summon a witness as defence witness who is already prosecution witness in same case but he was not examined by the state/prosecution declaring unneccessary/won over.

neetesh   19 July 2008 at 21:48

regarding abolition of two year post pg remote posting

I am pg student from scb medical college,cuttack, orissa. I have taken admission under state quota (which is 50% of total seats). Here govt. has made a provision of two year compulsory post pg peripheral job for students of state quota. This was mentioned in prospectus of the entrance exam, how ever we have not signed any bond till now. the same rule is not applicable for all India quota students. this rule is hampering our prospects of higher studies. because the upper age limit for various higher studies is between 30 to 35 years.

1) Will the court accept our case even if; this was mentioned in the prospectus of the form of entrance exam. 2) Is there any previous judgment related to this topic from any court of India is available, which can help us. 3) Is there any law related to higher studies available, which can help us. 4) Kindly give your suggestion related to this topic.
dr. neetesh kumar sinha

M.A.T.Ganesan   19 July 2008 at 21:40

divorce in Hindu Marriage Act

husband filed an application for divorce against his wife on the ground of sexual torture by wife. is there any reported cases high courts or supreme court as it is cruelty? please guide me. wife is pressing sex irrespective of time she wants sex without taking into consideration of the health (an application is filed by husband pending)