Wrong pan in sale deed

This query is : Resolved 

02 January 2020

Hi Sir/Madam,

i have purchased resale property in Bangalore and registered on 28th Feb'19 on My and my wife's name, we just noticed that my Wife's PAN number is wrong in sale deed, please suggest next steps on this, if we need to charge the PAN number or there is no issue while selling this property.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert)
02 January 2020

Please execute the correction/supplementary deed with the correct pan number.

Sumit (Querist)
02 January 2020

Thanks a lot for reply, can you please help me cost associated for this?

Sb Karma (Expert)
02 January 2020

It vary from place to place
it's better to contact local lawyer.........for averaging ask 2 to 3 lawyer for rate you will get approx rate.

Sumit (Querist)
02 January 2020

Thanks a lot for suggestion, i will execute correction deed

sankar narayanan (Expert)
02 January 2020

yes you can correct by rectification as advised by the learned friend

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
02 January 2020

Yes. Rectification deed is must.

ashok kumar singh (Expert)
03 January 2020

register subsequent Deed of Rectification in that regard with the concern registry office by all the parties thereof.
this being the lawful procedure to be follow.
Thanks" & Regards'

Ashok Kumar Singh,

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
06 January 2020

How does wrong PAN Number affect transfer of title ?
Nothing serious to get panicked.
Even then if you are serious / adamant it is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, professional guidance and proceeding. .

Sumit (Querist)
06 January 2020

Thanks to all for suggestion, i got to know that other parties is not in India, they are in Singapore, and will come after 6 month

please suggest if we can initiate rectification deed without them

ashok kumar singh (Expert)
06 January 2020

in absence of party rectification deed cannot execute

thanks' & regards'

ashok kumar singh,

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert)
11 January 2020

This is a minor error and negligible.\
However if you are concerned or worried about it then you may ask the vendor to execute a registered rectification deed to rectify this error.
The stamp duty, registration charges and the fee for the document writer may be enquired locally.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu