Tuition classes in co operative housing society

Dear Sir /Madam,

I am work in private company my wife is house wife. With a lots of effort we have purchase a flat is co op housing society in Ambarnath East Dist Thane Maharashtra. My wife takes tuition classes at my home but now our society secretary and Chairman suddenly call me and tell (Verbally ) me that taking classes is commercial activity and cannot allow to take classes and have to stop taking class in your flat. We don't have publish any advertisement or any publicity of my class also other members of society not reported any objection about my class.

This society having G+2 floor and i reside on Fist floor also there is no lift or any security guard and all childrens which come to class is reside in the same area.

Actually Society secretory want to purchase that flat which i purchases but my flat owner sell this flat to me now due to this reason society secretary and chairman taking this personally . Can u please Suggest me what to do now i am new in the society and till the time we don't have any contact to other society members.

Request you to kindly suggest what to do now.

Dear queriest, the rules/terms & conditions of the bylaw need to be verified. to me, they cannot object it.

R.K Nanda (Expert)

all depends on bye laws of society.

Thanks for reply but I don't think that there is separate bye law has been pass in society.. Same I have ask to other members in society.
Kindly let know what action can society take on me if I have not stop taking classes...

Kindly suggest

krishna mohan (Expert)

Some may run business from the premises. As long as it wont affect the peace of the co owners, no one to have any objection. This being a education service you can take the permission from General Body as provided in the bye law and it requires so and if Secretary still on personal grudges objects.

Legally no commercial activity is permissible in residential Society /area.

Thanks again for your valuable reply

What kind of action should Society chairman and Secretory take against me if I continue to taking classes..

In technical language residential apartments should not be allowed to convert into commercial places. If you can manage all the concerned then your wife can continue the tutorials without disturbing the neighbors.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.

Dear sir,

Now Yesterday Secretory call me at his place and society chairman and treasurer was also there they told me I have to stop taking classes otherwise they will register FIR on me..

Also there is point in bye law of society said as below

The member can use his flat for the purpose of dispensary, consulting room,
nursing home, flour mill, coaching classes, cradle home, beauty parlour etc. as
per the bye-law No.3. However, it is obligatory on him to obey the code of
conduct if made by the general body meeting in such a way that there would be
no nuisance to other members in the society by this profession.

So plz can U plz some one help on this is it possible is it possible that they can register FIR on me, because I have not done any crime and till the time they have not given me any written notice also non of society member register complaint about tuition.

Request you kindly suggest me what to do now plz

Plz help me

×