Setting asede ex parte judgement and decree provision

This query is : Resolved 

22 January 2020

bank recovery civil suit is filed against me and forgot to attend the court on given date. resultantly the suit is marked as exparte and judgement is passed exparty.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert)
23 January 2020

Dear querist,

Court may set aside the ex parte order on your filing application as per your grounds under order 9 of cpc. If judgment is delivered you have to appeal before district court.


Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert)
23 January 2020

If the Bank within reasonable time moves application for restoration of the case, the court may allow said application.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
23 January 2020

It shall be better for you to get the ex-parte order set aside from the same court by citing the valid and convincing reasons which led yo not to appear in the case.

There is another option to file an appeal against the said order/judgment before the upper court.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
24 January 2020

When was the ex-parte judgment passed and when did you (or your counsel) came to know ?
What is the opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged/ paid by you, if you are a party ? Do you need second opinion and obligation of experts on the basis of limited facts posted by you?
It is advisable to consult and engage another local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, professional guidance and necessary proceeding without waiting for FREE advise on this platform.

R.K Nanda (Expert)
Click to Talk
24 January 2020

As judgement is passed you will have to appeal in higher court.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu