Savings bank joint account

How to remove the name of the secondary account holder unilaterally from the joint account and convert my joint account into individual account, when he refuses to cooperate and sign in the Deletion forms

Kishor Mehta (Expert)

The name of a joint holder in a Banking account can not be unilaterally removed.

The alternative is to close the account and open a fresh account with a single holder.

Good Luck,
Kishor Mehta

Not a legal query

Can not be removed unilaterally.

Withdraw major balance and deposit in separate account in single name.

RAJU O.F., (Expert)

If the operation of the account is jointly by both of you, you cannot withdraw amount and to operate separate single operated account

krishna mohan (Expert)

If it is a family account, you may consult the Bank Manager. Normally joint account needed not be operated by both as it is enough operated by one. If it is a partnership firm or company account to be operated by both the signatories based on joint declaration or partnership deed/resolution submitted to Bank, that need to be amended and submitted to bank.

Imthiaz Ahamed (Querist)

My sincere thanks for all the experts for enlightening me.

×