FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 25 July 2018 This query is : Resolved 
I have used the ATM Machine for transaction of Rs. 500/- of Indian Overseas Bank, Motor Market, Manimajra, Chandigarh on 06.11.201 around 2:00 PM. The applicant did not receive physical cash from ATM Machine but a message has been received on mobile No. 9578458752 of deduction of Rs. 500/- from SBI A/c No. 65028870651. The applicant has intimated about this to the Branch Manager, IOB Bank, Mani Majra, Chandigarh verbally and they assured that Rs. 500/-will be reversed automatically in the applicant’s account. But the amount did not get reversed after 24 hours. On 15.11.2017 I have registered a complaint by way of online and a message with Ticket No. 3475813048 has been received on the applicant’s mobile No. 9357918952 with the intimation that the expected resolution time of resolving the complaint within 7 working days.
Chief General Manager of RBI issued notification No. RBI/2010/11/547 bearing Letter No. DPSS P.D. No. 2632/02.10.002/2010-2011 dated 27.05.2011 addressed to Chairman-cum-Managing Director with the direction to entail payment of Rs. 100/- per day as compensation to the customer complaint if the complaint is not resolved within 7 days on the issue of Reconciliation of failed transactions at ATMs (RBI issued letter Copy enclosed). I have registered complaint on 07.11.2017 by way of online SBI website and a message with above Ticket Number has been received on 15.11.2017 with the intimation to resolve the complaint within 7 working days.

Complaint registered/lodge on 15.11.2017 (Online on SBI website)
Amount Rs. 500/- credited 13.03.2018
Total Days: 118 days
Total Compensated Amount 118x100= Rs. 11,800/-
the bank is not ready to give me above amount. what can I do in this matter.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 26 July 2018
1. File grievance application before the Banking Ombudsman and also before the RBI authorities.

2. IF both above fail, THEN armed with all the documentary evidences, you can positively file a grievance application before the local Consumer Court, for full relief and compensations.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
Asgher Mahdi (Expert) 26 July 2018
Approach Consumer Redressal Forum and file a complaint under deficiency of service where your jurisdiction comes under

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query