Recovery of credit card dues(civil law)

This query is : Resolved 

25 November 2012

Dear Sir
it has been almost 5 years now i have moved from Kuwait on emergency leave and was not able to go back. i had some credit card out standing which could not be cleared as could not go back which is after dec 2007. Now we are in nov 2012, and a local agency who approached me and asked for the OS amount which is double now to pay.
i need to know is there any time line in which the bank can approach a person via agent or the bank can recovery even after 4 to 5 yrs which is a long time. Also i have not received any notice etc. and they told me to clear the amount immediately or else we will hand over the case to Interpol. Please advice as it is very urgent and hearing the same my dad has got a paralytic attack and is on bed rest now past 1 week.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)
25 November 2012

The civil suit for recovery after 3 years os time barred.
But if you are indeed defaulter then negotiate with Bank and make at least the principal amount.
The bank may file criminal case of cheating against you making your travel to abroad jeopardised.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert)
25 November 2012

Dear Client,

fully agreed with barman ji.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu