Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Query on cheques lost

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
13 January 2020

Hi Sir,

I lost my cheque book. But I have not signed on them. I have informed it to bank.

Anything else I need to do for this ? Kindly educate. Thanks.

Sb Karma (Expert)
13 January 2020

report police of your lost...with cheque details,and keep report copy,if any bad happens in future,it will help you......don't worry it is free and go to police station.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
13 January 2020

Submit an application supported with duly sworn affidavit with prayer to lodge DDR. It shall be beneficial to obtain its copy from the concerned police station.for your necessary record.

Shyam PrasadOnline (Querist)
14 January 2020

Raj kumar Sir, whats the meaning of DULY SWORN AFFIDAVIT . Kindly explain once. I am new .

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
14 January 2020

It means ou need to get typed an affidavit and get the same attested either from Executive magistrate or a Notary.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
15 January 2020

Well advised by experts, I concur.
Nothing more to add.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
19 January 2020

In addition to notifying the bank about the lost cheques, you may give a complaint to the police about the lost cheques and obtain a receipt for that so that you can challenge the litigation if any arises at a later stage

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x