Patta change

This query is : Resolved 

16 September 2019

My grandfather owned 5 acres land and expired on 1975. He had 2 children-my father and my aunt but my aunt left us after marriage before 1955 and died on 1997 .Myfather paid landtax till his death on 2015 at my fwather name due to possession and maintenance with paying tax. There was a UDR Scheme introduced around 1980 and land was measured and patta given on
existing possession person as he only maintained it but my father missed the opportunity to get it on his name.
Could I claim now based on UDR scheme1980 provision showing tax bills ony father children's names(4 members)?

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
16 September 2019

What is this UDR Scheme?
It would be better to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant facts/documents for proper appreciation, guidance and proceeding.

Rajendran R (Querist)
16 September 2019

Updating Registry scheme...measuring the pattaland and issuing patta duly changed to existing owners or heirs of owners who are adopting the land legally.

P. Venu (Expert)
29 September 2019

You can get the registry updated following the procedure laid down. However, the legal heirs of your have a subsisting right; mere updation in the revenue records cannot divest of them of their rights. The best procedure would be to get in touch with them, execute a settlement or partition deed and get the mutation carried out based on the deed so executed.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x