My husband's self aquired property

This query is : Resolved 

Guest (Querist)
21 January 2020

sir my husband has been expired due to suicide. behind my minor kids 12 years and 14 years. My mother in law, and my father in law are not living with us from the begining. and they have another son 34 years old, and daughters who is government job working. now my mother in law demanding the 25 % share in the my husband's property. what can we do and what are my sons and my legal right in this condition.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
21 January 2020

Your mother in law is entitled for the grant of 25% share in the properties left by your husband, now deceased as she is among the 1st Class heirs of deceased means 25% each shall in favour of you, your first child, second child and your mother in law if you are Hindus,

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
21 January 2020

Yes. Yourself, your children and parents have 1/4th share each in your husband's self-acquired property

P. Venu Online (Expert)
23 January 2020

Any suggestion depends upon the personal law as applicable to your community.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
05 February 2020

Your mother in law being one of the legal heirs to succeed the estates of your deceased husband, her share in the property cannot be denied, she may approach court to claim her share by due process of ;law if you deny.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x