Location change

This query is : Resolved 

15 July 2019

Posting on behalf on my female colleague

I am working at Delhi in a Private organization. My company has branch in Chennai with ~ 4000 man power. Delhi has man power of ~ 500.
I joined the company with the offer at Delhi. But now I want to go to chennai due to family constraints. I asked for transfer to my manager, they denied. Hence I asked for permission to work from chennai for 2 weeks and manager agreed.
Now they are asking to come back to Delhi, which I denied and I keep working from Chennai. My HR issued a showcause notice asking me to report to Delhi, else I will have to serve notice period kinda.

Kindly advice how to safeguard her.

Harsha Harsha (Querist)
15 July 2019

COmpany sector: Manufacturing Industry having plant at Chennai and Business UNit at Delhi, Chennai.
Job profile: Software engineer

Adv Shailendra Deshpande (Expert)
16 July 2019

There is no legal transfer from the company, hence working at different location without official communication is not legal. Hence it is better to answer the show cause by checking up with appointment letter & company policies.

Harsha Harsha (Querist)
16 July 2019

Sir, I wont be able to go now to delhi due to family issues. What do I reply to them?

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
16 July 2019

Ji, in my view, even now if you say, they won't agree as there may be some employees like you with same or some other issues and if one is considered to change location/indirect transfer, others will trouble them. so private organisations do not take up this procedure.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
17 July 2019

You have the only option to join Delhi if you are interested to continue your present job.

ramesh (Expert)
27 July 2019

You have to fulfill the job requirements of your employer.
Simple compassionate request will always work.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu