Land acquisition under national highways act 1956

This query is : Resolved 

21 November 2019

My lands have been acquired under National Highways act 1956. For enhanced compensation, NH Act refers Arbitration act 1996, for determination of enhanced compensation. Now the Arbitrator (Arbitrator appointed by the Central Govt) has rejected the petition for enhancement. Against the Arbitration award, the land losers can approach the Civil court under CPC. Now my doubt is whether the District Judge can or the District Judge has the power to enhance the compensation or he should remand back the matter to the Arbitrator only?

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
21 November 2019

It will depends upon the merits and demerits of the case. Wait till the judgment comes out.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
22 November 2019

Award of arbitrator can be challenged before DJ.
It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of case file, facts/documents, guidance and proceeding.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x