Interim between examination in chief and cross

Dear experts, this query may seem like a repeat but I assure you that it still stands unanswered.

Cross examination of complainant could not be completed due to shortage of time. Court had to defer it by about 10 days. I'm sure all will agree that i will be able to better prepare my cross examination if I get a copy of the said witnesses deposition in chief and also the part of cross which has already been recorded.

Thus my query. In the present circumstance, am I permitted to get certified copy of the said complainants deposition which has already been recorded?

Once again, thank you.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Expert)

yes, you can get the same

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert)

Apply for the certified copy of the same, you will get it.

SurenderKumar (Expert)

Dear senior experts
Sir is there any provision that no body can get the certified copy of the deposition of case till it is pending ? it is different thing that court is providing the carbon copy for preparation of case both to Prosecution and defence.
but there is provision in the Evidence Act to obtain the certified copy of the order or judgement or deposition any page which is required by a person who is effected with the said order or judgement , here is no specific mentioned which order that may be any order so I think questioner can obtain the certified copy of the deposition for preparation of the case.

R.K Nanda (Expert)

no, u cannot get c/copy of said depositions

in the pendancy of case.u can only inspect

court file.

V R SHROFF (Expert)

Apply TC of Exh as it is.

prabhakar singh (Expert)

CARBON COPIES OF DEPOSITION ARE GIVEN TO EITHER PARTY AS A MATTER OF ROUTINE IN MY KNOWLEDGE.

JANAK RAJ VATSA (Expert)

certified copies are not provided. however you may request for the same thru your local advocate in the court.

SurenderKumar (Expert)

In evidence Act there is provision to obtain certified copy of any judgement or order (here your case comes under order not in judgement, order means any order it is not specific stated)in which a person is effected with that order or judgement, if the court think fit can issue free copy too

×

CrPC MASTERCLASS     |    x