Car sold on fake documents

Hello Experts,

I bought a car by a person in same city, he signed form 29, and form 30 and given me his id photocopy, and original RC.

I paid him 75% money 1.5 Lac and rest money to be given after RC transfer and after RC transfer he will be giving me Car delivery. But when I checked the status of car owner in RTO app then his fraud came into light that he already sold the car to other person. Now He grabbed my 1.5 lac rupees and when I called him he started quarrel. I don't have enough knowledge of laws and police etc. Can you please help me how I can rid of this problem.

Can I get my money back. Please help

Sb Karma (Expert)

First of all you did mistake of paying 75% in advance
And in what form you did payment....cash/online/cheque/neft ?
If you go by police then you need strong evidence to proved that he took 1.5 lk from you...so state your position first then we can suggest you best.

Kartik Sulm (Querist)

I have made cash amount and taken his signature and thumb impression on 1 rupees revenue stamp. That is with me. And one witness from my side also.

Original RC with me and I am surprised that without original RC he transferred RC to another's name.

You may lodge complaint with police and also get issue a legal notice then file a suit for recovery of amount.

Kartik Sulm (Querist)

Sir can police take action ?? which IPC acts applied in this case sir??

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert)

Just write an application of this incident, the police will take action accordingly.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)

You need only to make criminal complaint to the police authorities mentioning therein the entire facts. You need not mention sections of IPC in your application.

krishna mohan (Expert)

It is cheating and falsification of documents. You can take the help of police to file complaint and if necessary take the help of an advocate to get fast relief.

Very well advised by experts, I agree and appreciate.
Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, professional advise and proceeding.

Kartik Sulm (Querist)

Thanks a lot to all of you

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert)

you first lodge a criminal complaint against him with the local police for the offences of cheating and fraud and simultaneously file a money recovery suit also to recover your amount held by him after issuing him a legal demand notice

×