Bank complaint letter draft

This query is : Resolved 

17 May 2016

On 29th March 2016, I had approached the bank's term deposit section for opening a tax saving term deposit of Ruppees fifty thousand to save tax for FY 2015-2016. I was assured that the FD account would be opened dated 29/03/2016 as it was a cash transfer from the same bank/branch saving account. But I was issued an FD dated 12/04/2016. I was assured by the same officer that the rectification would be done but he just kept on buying time by telling me to come after 5 to 7 days. Now finally he is saying its my fault that I submitted the application on 29/03/2016 so it got delayed. Due to his negligence I have lost my tax benefits. The branch manager says the bank is not responsible for its employees fault.
I want to give in writing a complaint to the branch manager to take disciplinary action against the erring officer of the term deposit section and compensate me for my loss.
I request to please draft me a strong complaint letter with legal terms to have a better impact and hopefully be able to solve the problem at branch level. I feel that this letter could also be a base format for other members , if they face such a problem. I could draft the letter but it would be in laymen language.
Please help

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert)
17 May 2016

Issue legal notice and file a consumer case because it comes under negligence of service. Bank is liable for this.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
17 May 2016

Complaint may not fetch results.

Send legal notice and file consumer complaint.

Bank is responsible for the act of its employees.

Darryl (Querist)
17 May 2016

Issuing a legal notice and filing a consumer case is a very drastic step which may lead to serious consequences to the bank employee. I want him to realize his fault and deter him from doing this in future to anyone else. There are already so many cases pending in the courts. I feel if it can be settled out of court, its better. I would like to try the lower options first than if legal action is the only route left, then so be it but not directly. Every person should get a chance.

Kumar Doab (Expert)
17 May 2016

Write to GM-Customer Services, Grievance Redressal,Chairman' cell.

RAJU O.F., (Expert)
17 May 2016

It was deficiency of service on the part of the bank. If you have written evidence of request dated 29-03-16 and if bank did not comply the instruction brought before them in time, you may prefer Consumer complaint for quantified loss of tax benefit and also for compensation for mental agony and damages. Issue a lawyer notice asking to compensate the above amounts within stipulated period, failure on which prefer consumer complaint.

Kumar Doab (Expert)
18 May 2016

Expert Mr. Raju O.F, Mr. Rajendra K Goyal are perfectly, correct.

The author has expressed his inner feelings in his last post.

The author can also issue notice to accept error, beg apology, compensate within stipulated time or else can proceed to DCDRF.

The author may also try by escalating to CEPD-RBI.

R.K Nanda (Expert)
18 May 2016

nothing to add more.

Darryl (Querist)
19 May 2016

Thanks everyone for guiding me in the right direction. If I could also get a drafted complaint letter, that would be an added bonus to me. Request to please post a draft.

Darryl (Querist)
23 May 2016

A humble request, please post a complaint letter draft. Please

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu