Tenats all over fact problems from landlords for increase in rent and eviction. There are no of higher court decisions in favor of landlords. But it happens due to lethargy at initial stages by tenants. Law is in favor of tenants every where provided you take initial care to take its benefit.
1) Most of the states have independent rent acts but basic provisions of TP ACT are not touched.
2) So tenancy is either for eleven months and not renewed further which is also most of the time unregistered.
3) You are an old tenant and landlord is giving rent receipt only and no agreement or does not give even rent receipt and collect rent.
Now in all such cases when differences arise a legal notice is given for eviction to tenant. From day one the tenant has to be alert. He does the reverse looses initial time and than engages a non serious junior advocate and valuable opportunities to defend are lost.
How the law is in favor of tenants.
1) When no lease agreement or initial eleven month agreement is expired , you are tenant for more than a year. Under TP act registration of lease agreement is medatory in absence of which what the tenant say will be believed.
2) But when from day one. If you fail to reply notice mentioning your terms or at next stage you fail to plead in your written statement than thereafter no body listen.
2) So what you have to do , claim you are an annual tenant in reply and in your pleadings.
3) File a standard rent application the moment your landlord start murmering for more rent or eviction .Court will fix intrim rent and your life will be in peace thereafter.
EVEN IF THESE SIMPLE STEPS ARE TAKEN NO TENANT CAN BE EVICTED. ALL OTHER THINGS WILL FOLLOW.
Tags :Property Law