Section : TERM OF OFFICE OF, AND VACANCIES AMONG, MEMBERS
SECTION 06: TERM OF OFFICE OF, AND VACANCIES AMONG, MEMBERS
(1) Save as otherwise provided in the section, the term of office of a member shall be five years from the date of his nomination or election : Provided that the term of office of a member elected under clause (g) of section 4-shall come to an end as soon as he3"becomes a Minister or Minister of State or Deputy Minister, or the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker of the House of the People, or the Deputy Chairman of the Council of States or" ceases to be a member of the House from which he was elected.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office in virtue of which he is such a member.
(3) The term of office of a member nominated or elected to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he is nominated or elected.
(4) An out-going member shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated or elected as a member in his place.
(5) An out-going member shall be eligible for re-nomination or re-election.
(6) A member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government but he shall continue in office until his resignation is accepted by that Government.
(7) The manner of filling vacancies among members shall be such as may be prescribed by rules.