(Retired Principal District & Session Judge and
Former Principal Secretary, Karnataka Vidhana Mandala Government of Karnataka)
Res: # 1044, 10th Main Judicial Layout Yalahanka, Bangalore-560065
(Ph No 080-28460074 Email email@example.com)
Mobile No’s: 9342752763, 9590352763
Educational Qualification: B.com. LL.B. (Special)
Date of Birth: 01/08/1949
Place of Birth: Harapanahalli
· Enrolled as Advocate in August 1973 and joined the office of Sri H.M. Veerabhadraiah leading advocate of Bellary district. Practiced as Advocate from August 1973 to October 1978.
· Appointed as Munsiff by the High Court of Karnataka on 13.10.1978, and joined judicial service. Served as Munsiff and Magistrate at Manvi, Pavagada, Madhugiri, Kunigal, Dharwad, and Belgaum from 1978 to 1987.
· Promoted as Civil Judge Senior Division and Chief Judicial Magistrate and served at Bangalore, Mysore, and Shimogga from 1987 to 1997.
· Promoted as District judge and served as additional District and sessions at Gulbarga in a specially constituted court to try the cases of atrocities committed against Scheduled castes and Scheduled tribes. Selected as Judge Family Court Gulbarga and served as such in a newly constituted Family court at Gulbarga. Served as Additional City Civil Judge at Bangalore.
· Services were placed at the disposal of Government to work as additional Secretary to Government of Karnataka in Law Department and worked as such from December 2000 to 2004.
· Served as Additional City Civil and Sessions Judge at Mayo Hall Bangalore.
· Served as Presiding Officer Industrial Tribunal Mysore.
· Served as Principal District and Session’s Judge at Mangalore. Served as First Principal District Sessions Judge at newly constituted District and Session’s Court at Ramanagara. While serving at Karwar as principal District and Sessions Judge took voluntary Retirement and Retired from Judicial Jervice on 03.07.2009.
· Was appointed as Principal Secretary on 15-7-2009, Karnataka Legislature, which is a post retirement service and worked as such till 30-7- 20012.
IMPORTANT OFFICES HELD:
· Munsiff Magistrate 1978-1987
· Civil Judge & CJM 1987-1997
· District & Session Judge 1997-1998
· Judge Family Court 1998-2000
· Additional Law Secretary to Government of Karnataka Dec 2000 to2004
· Additional City Civil and Session Judge Mayo Hall Bangalore
May 2004 to May 2005
· Presiding Officer, Industrial Tribunal, Mysore 2005-2006
· Principal District & Session Judge of Dakshina Kannada District, Ramanagara District, Uttara Kannada District 2006-2009
· Principal Secretary Karnataka Legislature, Vidhana Soudha 2009-2012
(Ex-Officio Member Karnataka Law Commission.)
· All India Presiding Officers & secretaries of Legislative Bodies Conference at Bhopal 2010
· All India Presiding Officers & secretaries of Legislative Bodies Conference at Srinagar 2010
· National Conference of Chairmen’s of Public Accounts Committee held in Parliament House, New Delhi 2010.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES ATTENDED:
· Participated in FIRST BRICKS FRIENDSHIP CONFERENCE held at Sonya in China.
EDUCATIONAL AND SOCIAL ACTIVITIES:
· Delivered Lectures on Parliamentary Procedure and Practice, Constitutional Law etc., in Administrative Training Institute, Mysore.
· Delivered Lectures on various Legal Subjects as guest lecturer in Karnataka Judicial Academy.
· Delivered speeches in All India Radio station at Bangalore, Mysore & Gulbarga on various topics relating to democracy, family law, Rights of women and children, Human Rights etc.,
· Attended Training Programme in Indian Institute of Criminology, New Delhi.
· Attended Training Programme in National Judicial Academy, Bhopal.
· Founder President, Nethaji Sangh, Harapanahalli 1969-1977.
· Founder President, Karnataka Cultural Association, Harapanahalli.
· Founder President, Harapanahalli Taluk, Sheep Breeders Co-Operative Society.
· Founder President, Harapanahalli Taluk Beedi Workers Union.
· Founder President, Raja Somashekara Nayaka English Medium Primary School at Harapanahalli.
· Served as Treasurer, Secretary, Vice President and President of Karnataka State Judicial Officers Association from 1987-2008.
· For the first time in Karnataka arranged Training Programme for counselors of Family Court at Gulbarga by inviting Dr. C.R. Chandrasekhar, Professor NIMHANS Bangalore. Framed Family Court Draft Rules and submitted to High Court of Karnataka for approval while working as Judge of Family Court at Gulbarga.
· Born to SRI H.M. VEERABADRAIAH and Smt Anusuyadevi. Father is a Freedom Fighter and practicing Advocate in the Districts of Bellary and Davanagere. He has authored two dramas in Kannada by name “Shiva bhaktha Ravana” and “Adarshavadi”. He has translated Police Manual, Evidence Act, Criminal Procedure Code, and Civil Procedure Code into Kannada language. He has authored Law Books titled as “Art of Cross Examination” and “Law of Bails”.
· Happily wedded with Sudha Mallapur (D/o Professor B.V. Mallapur, (Rtd. Reader in Kannada, Karnataka University, Dharwad) and Smt. Sumangala) on 09.05.1979. Has got three children by name Siddhartha (17.02.1980), Tejaswi (13.07.1982), Chitralekha (11.04.1986).
· Siddhartha is practicing Advocate at High Court Bangalore.
· Tejaswi, B.E. M.B.A. is working as Business Analyst in HCL Technologies at Bangalore.
· Chitralekha, M.com. (Finance)
Bharathesh! You live your life in the pursuit of happiness, and are truly an inspiration to those around you. Living a life in harmony is your goal, and being around others who are positive and uplifting is most definitely important to you. You can sometimes get down on yourself and get frustrated by circumstances out of your control, but you come out of it quickly, because it is in your nature to be grateful for the many blessings in your life. You no doubt appreciate a little pampering, and the finer things in life, but it is the simpler things you value most: a home cooked meal with loved ones, the beauty of nature, a striking sunrise, and time to relax. Your optimism inspires others, and your devotion to, and compassion for others makes you a wondrous soul to know.
Note : Hidden content . Visible only to logged in members