without divorce second marriage is possible according to law

CEO- Marketing & Sales Promotion

Dear all....

Is it possible to re-marry a man without giving divorce to first wife.

And if some one cummit such step then what are the suitable law to fight against of it.

Regards

Dharmendra

Advocate

Can you please be specefic as to who is marrrying who? It appears from your query that the husband is marrying another man without giving divorce to the first wife.

legal consultant

If any spouse marrieis second time while first marriage is exisiting, it is an offence under IPC subject to the the personal laws of the person conserned. If he/She is not Muslim, he/she can be prosecuted in a criminal court.

hello

Mr. Dharam

your query regarding marriege depends upon your local custam

if your custam allows then your marriege will be valid till your first wife file complaint against you

because according to law it is not allowed

Advocate

If there is consent of First Wife what is the position !

Advocate

For any reasons  the  Wife gives  her  written consent for secodn mrriage  of her husband - what  is the lgal position !

Lawyer in Hyderabad.Email Id:ramachary64@gmail.com

Dear Dharmendra,

If a person wants to marry while the spouse is livig, a divorce should be obtained. Divorce is granted by a court on valid grounds. A divorced person may remarry provided the decree has become final either by not being appealed against or by the appeal being dismissed.

Advocate & Consumer Rights

I agree with the views of Mr. Ramachary.

lawyer

dear friend

second marriage without giving divorce to first one is a offence of bigamy exept muslim and customary law.

regards

mohit attri

Advocate

I agree with Mohit. I would like to add further that the cosent of the first spouse, either oral or written, is of no help.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

web analytics